If you are looking for a place to connect at WordServe, then perhaps a Serve Team is your next step! We are currently looking for people just like you to serve in one of our ministry areas or help out with the day-to-day activities that help transform communities.
Whether behind the scenes or up front, there are plenty of ways you can serve at WordServe. God designed each of us with special gifts and abilities, and he gave us those gifts so we could use them for his purposes!
Serving is one of the greatest ways for us to forward God’s purpose and joyfully grow in our relationship with God. It helps us connect our faith to everyday life, uses our God-given talents, and it demonstrates God’s love to everyone around us. Serving at WordServe is a great way to build relationships with people in the church and feel a part of the community.
WordServe is currently recruiting for the next serving year (August 1, 2014 to July 31, 2015). Please prayerfully consider the areas where you would like to make a difference during this year!
Current Serving Opportunities
- WordServe Kids Shepherds - Guide kids to grow with age-appropriate games, activities, and discussions (curriculum provided) for nursery, preschool, or elementary kids.
- WordServe Kids Welcome Team - Greet parents and children and escort to classes; help facilitate child registration and class assignment.
- WordServe Kids Worship - Using provided materials, lead children in age-appropriate worship during their Sunday morning gathering.
- Setup and Tear Down Crew - Sets up and takes down the physical environment for WordServe Sunday worship time. (Not just heavy lifting!)
- Greeters - Our greeters help people feel welcome! Greeters typically hand out programs, help connect people, and help collect offering during the service.
- Refreshments - Keeps the coffee and donuts rolling, making people feel at home.
- Praise Band - Got musical skills? See if the praise band is a good fit!
- Production - Operate lights, sound, and computer for Sunday Morning services.
- WordServe Youth - Help 6th through 12th graders connect their faith to life by either helping with activities or by helping to pick up dinner!
DURING THE WEEK
- Office Team - Help with administrative tasks, correspondence, and database management.
- Kids Prep Team - Make copies and shop for supplies 1 x a month.
- Prayer Team - Pray for requests received via Connection Cards and the website.
- Compassion Team - Help plan, organize, and oversee compassion events through WordServe’s Compassion efforts. At WordServe, Compassion is the term we use for missions or serving outside ourselves, locally and internationally.
- Communications Team - Assist church communications through skills in photography, graphic design, social media, or story writing.
- Kids Communications Partner - Utilize social media skills to equip parents by posting resources and assisting with parent web page.