Job Description for Youth Intern at WordServe Church.
Reports to: Pastor
Status: Part-time, 6-month contract
Strategic Aim/Job Summary: The primary role of the Youth Intern is to learn how to introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and equip them to serve Christ. The Youth Intern also equips parents/guardians to disciple their children. They are responsible for providing planning, promoting, and coordinating assistance and direction for all education and activities for grades six through twelve.
- Primary Responsibilities and Tasks of the Youth Intern (under direction/mentorship):
- Lead and organize effective programs for students that combine fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd all student ministry volunteers.
- Plan and execute services for students that are biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy.
- Create and manage a student ministry calendar that drives all events, activities, and teaching within the ministry.
- Integrate the mission and vision of WordServe Church into student ministry goals and activities.
- Be an active presence in local high schools with periodic visits engage students at school.
- Educate, encourage, and facilitate student participation in church-wide community outreach initiatives.
- Cast vision for, teach, and plan retreats and camps with music, messages, games, and activities that inspire students to learn about God.
- Assist in developing the annual student ministry budget and responsible stewardship of the budget.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on a regular, individual basis, involving professional counselors when necessary.
- Maintain contact with students and parents to keep them informed of events and activities and maintain a ministry strategy that encourages involvement... utilizing existing communication tools of the church (e-News, webpage, social media or approved new vehicles)
- Collaborate with other pastoral staff to support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles and duties.
Strengths & Skillset
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and a teachable spirit.
- A love and passion for young people, evangelism, and outreach.
- Willingness to relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture.
- A self-motivated leader capable of creating and executing a long-term vision.
- Strong strategic planning and administrative skills.
- Excellent relational skills to communicate with students and parents.
- A working knowledge of creative programming for student programs and events.
- While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at WordServe Church:
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of WordServe Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of WordServe Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to WordServe Church.
- This is a part-time, limited contract position at 10 hours a week for 6 months. Availability on Sunday evenings is a must. At the end of 6 months, this position will be evaluated to become a permanent staff position.
Effective: November 17, 2021