Topic: Biblical Passage: 1 Corinthians 13:4–13:8, Colossians 3:14–3:14
TEXT: 1 Cor 13:4-8, Col 3:14
1. Where have you seen the kind of love that Paul describes in action? What effect did it have?
2. What is the hardest part of verses 4-7 for you to live out? Why?
3. How can we get better at living out verses 4-7? Name some specific things you will do to improve your interaction with others.
4. What is Paul referring to in verses 11-12? What will bring clarity?
5. In verse 13, Paul says that faith, hope, and love will last forever. He then says that the greatest of these is love. Do you agree or disagree? Make a case for love, or for what you think is the greatest and share with at least one other person.
The Second Pledge:
I will seek to be a source of unity in my church. I know there are no perfect pastors, staff, or other church members. But neither am I. I will not be a source of gossip or dissension. One of the greatest contributions I can make is to do all I can in God's power to help keep the church in unity for the sake of the gospel.
I Am A Church Member, Thom Rainer, B&H Publishing, (c) 2013