We, Not Me
Topic: Biblical Passage: Philippians 2:5–2:11
Food for Thought
“We, Not Me”
Bill Hogan October 10, 2021
1. What's the relationship between serving and status in the Kingdom of Heaven?
2. Make a list of everything Jesus gave up to come down to us. What does this say about Jesus?
3. Find other examples of faithful servants in the Bible. What characteristics do they share? What can we learn from them?
4. How do these servant characteristics apply to being a church member?
5. Read Matt 25:14-30. Why do you think Jesus uses a story about servants to describe the Kingdom of Heaven?
– Describe the difference between the good and faithful servants and the lazy, wicked servant.
– Describe ways we can be good and faithful servants as church members (and then take action!)
Pledge 3: I will not let my church be about my preferences and desires. That is self-serving. I am a member in this church to serve others, and to serve Christ. My Savior went to a cross for me. I can deal with any inconveniences and matters that just aren't my preference or style.
(I Am A Church Member, Thom Rainer, B&H Publishing, (c) 2013)