Topic: Biblical Passage: Matthew 20:20–20:28
Food for Thought
“Serve!” Matthew 20:26-28
Bill Hogan October 17, 2021
1. Why do you think Jesus encourages his disciples to be servants (i.e., why not leaders)?
2. Is there a difference between a servant and a slave? If so, how does this affect the way we follow Jesus?
3. Where have you seen this servant theme work well?
4. Where have you seen this servant theme NOT work well? What can we learn from these examples?
5. What is your biggest obstacle to being a servant? Share with us so we can learn to overcome and become better together!
I will lead my family to be good members of this church as well. We will pray together for our church. We will worship together in our church. We will serve together in our church. And we will ask Christ to help us fall deeper in love with this church because He gave His life for her.
(I Am A Church Member, Thom Rainer, B&H Publishing, (c) 2013)