Topic: Biblical Passage: Luke 1:39–55
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
1. How would you define Joy? Is there a difference between how our modern culture defines Joy and how the Bible defines Joy? If so, elaborate. (Want more? Check out this article!)
2. What was at risk for Mary as the Mother of Jesus? Do you think she fully understood these risks? Why or why not?
3. In light of the danger and trouble Mary faced, why do you think she considered herself blessed?
4. What did Mary do that sustained her hope during the tough times?
5. How does today's lesson impact your understanding of Joy?
6. What will you do over the next month to prepare yourself for Joy? Share with a friend and check-in with each other throughout the Advent Season!