What We Believe
WordServe Church is a United Methodist Church in the Texas Annual Conference. If you have any questions about our beliefs, please feel free to contact us.
Here are some of our basic beliefs at WordServe.
- We believe in one God, existing eternally in three persons (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit). This is known as the Trinity, or the Triune God.
- The Bible is the written Word of God, fully true, and is our authority for what we believe, how we live, and how we "do church."
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Messiah promised in the Old Testament.
- Jesus Christ is fully God and yet fully Man - born of a virgin birth.
- Jesus died on the cross paying the penalty for our sin.
- Jesus Christ rose from the grave in a bodily resurrection obtaining victory over sin and death.
- He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the very Spirit of God who lives inside all believers and empowers and gifts us for supernatural living and ministry.
- Humans were created in the image of God and are the object of His love, yet because of our sin are eternally separated from God and His perfect plan.
- All who place their trust in Jesus are saved from eternal separation from God and are adopted as children of God to spend all of eternity with Him in heaven.
- The Holy Spirit is active today in changing lives, healing, gifting believers, and answering prayers.
- We are able to live godly lives only as we die to self and allow the Spirit of God to live in and through us.
- God accepts us just as we are, but never intends for us to stay just as we were.
- The people of God exist to love God and love all others.
Aug16Celebration 9 a.m. (Returning to Worship Center & Streaming Services)9:00am – 10:15am
Aug23Celebration 9 a.m. (Returning to Worship Center & Streaming Services)9:00am – 10:15am
Aug30Celebration 9 a.m. (Returning to Worship Center & Streaming Services)9:00am – 10:15am